The optimization of cable routing is quite a difficult task that is time-consuming and subject to errors, all factors which can lead to extra costs.
The additional ESApro Cable Routing module, once the 3D model of the cable raceways has been created through ESApro Cable Trays, provides the automatic routing of the cables inside the raceways thus optimizing the routing and checking on the remaining space in the cable trays. The module verifies the correct cable raceways dimensioning and the cable requirements with the relative lengths and routing reports for the subsequent assembly operation.
The ESApro Cable Routing module provides the following functions:
- table of the cable typologies (cable type, composition, section, linear weight, etc.) and cable trays (voltage level, section, fill-in percentage, divider number, etc.)
- definition of the electrical users of the plant (electrical tag, etc.)
- definition of the cable list (from, to, cable typology, estimated length, etc.)
- management of the cable tray sections (recognition and automatic tagging)
- routing of cables (automatic or manual with fill percentage control)
- visualization of the cable routing inside the model
- weight of the straight sections of the cable trays (including cable weights)
During the assisted cable routing procedure the software finds the shortest route and complying with the binding rules at the same time (already routed cables, available space in the sections, compatibility with other cables).
When required, the user can however override the routing proposed by the software.
At the end of the procedure the program can provide the following lists:
- total weight for each cable type (actual meters and eventual spools)
- length of each single cable (extra-lengths for the connection of blocks included)
- cable routing (list of the sections of each cable routing)
- cables for each section (list of the cables inside each section)
The lists can be directly printed or exported in TXT or Excelformats for further processing or interfacing with external software.
The “SPAC Link” function integrates the functional design
of electrical and industrial automation plants with the actual physical design of cable routing
; the function can import the electrical users and the cables already defined into ESApro Cable Routing in the SPAC Automation software of SD PROGET, which provides the electrical diagrams. Once the length of the ESApro Cable Routing cables is defined, all data can be re-transferred into the SPAC environment so as to update the material lists.
Some of the SPAC functions are:
- multi-sheet management and cross-reference
- components automatic tagging
- material list
- wire list
- terminal blocks and connectors
- PLC configuration
For any further information about the SPAC range of products see the www.sdproget.it web site.